Visiting the College
New College welcomes visitors to tour our buildings and gardens. As part of admission, you may be able to visit the Cloisters, Chapel, Hall, Gardens and City Wall as part of a self-guided tour. Access to all of these areas cannot be guaranteed as the College goes about its daily functions, and we provide information on planned closures when possible.
Before you visit, you may wish to download a copy of the New College Visitors' Guide. You are asked to keep to the route indicated on the map, and large groups are encouraged to book in advance.
Opening hours and prices
12th March 2018 onwards
- Open 11am until 5pm (last admission 4.45pm)
- £5 entry fee; £4 concessions
- Access via New College Lane
- Admission includes free map and guide
- Payment accepted by cash, cheque and major credit and debit cards
- Students and senior citizens are given a concessionary rate upon production of a valid card
- Bodleian Card holders and Oxford Alumni are permitted free entry, along with one guest
- New College Alumni are permitted free entry, along with their family
- Residents of Oxford are permitted free entry upon proof of address
We ask for groups larger than 20 people to split into smaller groups when visiting the College.
Groups do not need to pre-book, and we request that groups pay on entry where possible. We are able to issue invoices in advance; to request an invoice, please contact Joan Fraser. All admission charges must be settled before entry to the College; unless by prior arrangement, we do not accept requests for invoices after visiting.
Checking on-the-day openings
You can check on-the-day openings by calling the New College Lane gate on 01865 279253 between 10.45 am and 5.00 pm (March-October). Please call our main lodge on 01865 279555 during the winter months (from 15th October). Please also see our planned closures page for details of routine closures.