The Dean's Handbook
The Handbook of New College contains rules and procedures for the College's Junior Members. The book's contents are not 'advice' or 'guidance', but form a set of instructions for Junior Members' academic and social behaviour in College.
Responsibility for the Handbook rests with the Dean, who co-ordinates the rules of the different areas which it covers.
Those Junior Members with questions about its contents should raise them with the relevant College officers, who should be approached in the first instance. However, all matters may be raised at any time with the Dean; those wishing to do so should make an appointment with the Deans’ secretary, Jacqui Julier. Students are all issued with a copy of the Handbook.
Dean's Address List
Please log in at: https://evision.ox.ac.uk to update your contact details.
Information on the Decanal Team
The Handbook contains information under the following headings:
- Academic obligations
- General discipline
- Student charges
- Domestic rules
- The Library
- The MCR and JCR
- The Licence Agreement (accommodation)
- College Administration Hours
Forms for events in College
Download forms here for events in College. Junior Members are reminded that, as per the forms, permission needs to be sought from the Assistant Dean. An appointment to see him should be made with the Deans' Secretary.
- Form for Events (Bookable rooms), New College
- Form for Events (Cloisters only), New College
- Form for Events (Grounds only), New College
Events may require a separate form under the College's PREVENT responsibilities. Further details may be found in the Policy link below, and if necessary the Event Referral Form should be completed.
Associated documents and links
The Handbook makes reference to the following documents and links:
- New College Academic Discipline - further information
- New College Code of Practice on Harassment
- New College Equality and Diversity
- New College Fitness to Study Policy
- New College Home Bursary Complaints Procedure
- New College Student - College Contract
- New College Maintenance Request
- New College Guide to Battels
- New College Service Level Agreement
- University of Oxford Changes in Student Status
- Universities UK Code of Practice on Student Accommodation
- University of Oxford Good Academic Practice
- University of Oxford Environmental Sustainability Policy
- University of Oxford Equality and Diversity Unit
- University of Oxford Examination Regulations
- University of Oxford Fitness to Study Policy
- University of Oxford Graduate Accommodation Office
- University of Oxford Institute for the Advancement of University Learning - Tutorial Teaching
- University of Oxford Policy and Procedure on Harassment and Bullying
- University of Oxford Policy Statement on the Freedom of Speech
- University of Oxford Statutes